Thursday, April 07, 2005

April 7th, the dawn of a new era.

The cheese has spent the better part of six hours staring at XML and was barely able to stave off the clinical depression that usually accompanies doing such a thing.

In an attempt to pro-actively counter the invariable sadness that accompanies the cheese's normal work day he has decided to start reading the Garfield comic strip and and catalogue the various...no, wait that's someone else. The cheese has decided to share the misery with all the loyal follower's of the cheese.

Today, the cheese was informed that the Insurance Master Spec Bundle is causing improper spacing of mdashes within the core:desig tag at the tr:secsub1 (or lower) level.

You're all jealous of the cheese's job now, aren't you?

10 comments:

Jezmon_Degyte said...

Most days I have to explain to people the fundamentals of supply and demand.

"Yes I understand that you have a lot on order but so does everyone else and we can only produce so much. So you will get some of what you ordered but it may be a few more weeks before we have any more to ship you."

Or apologizing for the fact that I am not a magician.

"Is there any way we could get it faster?"

"I'm sorry the production cycle is about 2-3 weeks." (I'm sorry I can't pull them out of thin air for you. or I'm sorry I can't eat aluminum shavings and shit out nerf bars.)

b_cheese said...

Wait, wait, you CAN'T eat aluminum and shit it into precise shapes? I thought that's how all those companies made parts? Go figure.

And I want to know where suavo got molten metal from? Hopefully not his anus.

exsulis said...

How about your Great Step aunt quit/was fired today. What do you think about that?

exsulis said...

Though, I think Tengu has the worst job.

Jezmon_Degyte said...

I actually don't think too much about it since I'm not the one who is going to hear grandpa bitch and moan about it when he gets back in the country.

suck it exsulis

just kidding

I don't know if tengu has the worst job. He just has a different type of depression. The depression of having to deal with "dregs" of society and watching the slow decline of the human condition.

exsulis said...

And that is why I think Tengu has the worst job since all he deals with is people who have "problems" and their failed attempts to turn away from that decline.

b_cheese said...

Well, the cheese would certainly agree that Tengu's job is pretty bad...but the cheese is stuck in a real life version of "The Office" except there are no hilarious incidents with money laundering and copier destruction.

exsulis said...

Are you sure there is not the copy machine from Hell?

b_cheese said...

Pretty sure, but one of the printers jams if you try and print more than 3 pages at a time...the cheese has stopped using that one since he sits reasonably in the middle of the two on the 25th floor.

God my life is sad.

exsulis said...

I have printers from Hell their called Okis.