Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Pratchett is Number 2

Sorry to interrupt this football moment but I thought I would point out a great injustice that has recently happened. Book magazine has just published their list of the "Greatest Living British Authors" list. I am sorry to say that our beloved Terry Pratchett has come in second to JK Rowling. The list is based on an online poll on the magazine's webpage. I don't think popularity alone should be used as a measure of an author's greatness. I guess this will fire up Pratchett's disgust for Rowling some more. Here is the rest of the list in case you are interested:

1. JK Rowling
2. Terry Pratchett
3. Ian McEwan
4. Salman Rushdie
5. Kazuo Ishiguro
6. Philip Pullman
7. Harold Pinter
8. Nick Hornby
9. AS Byatt
10. Jonathan Coe and John Le Carre

1 comment:

b_cheese said...

That list should read
1. Terry Prachett
2. Nick Hornby
3. Salmon Rushdie
4. Phillip Pullman
nothing between 5 and 99
100. J.K. Rowling